Pages

Welcome to Four Eyes Forum, a meeting place to exchange news and views on food, food photography, the word on food, food science, style and architecture. Join me, the blogger who wears glasses, in this world as I throw out engaging stuff that I think you'll find interesting, beautiful and delicious. As Charles Dudley Warner, American editor and writer, said,
"Lettuce, like conversation, requires a good deal
of oil, to avoid friction, and keep the company
smooth....You can put anything, and the more
things the better, into salad, as into a conver-
sation, but everything depends upon the skill of
mixing."


That's my job.
-Kristin
khalgedahl@gmail.com


(All photographs, unless otherwise cited, copyright
Kristin Halgedahl Photography 2016)



Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mosaic - All The Pieces Fit






New Orleans' loss is Sonoma County's gain, as Chef Charles Russo has joined the staff and works his magic at Tai Olesky's Mosaic Restaurant & Wine Lounge in Forestville, CA. "Mushroom appetizer?" I thought. Sounds good, but this! Layers and layers of flavor of locally cultivated gourmet mushrooms, sauteed with shallots and fresh herbs, deglazed with madeira, finished with a touch of cream and served with a wedge of Triple Cream Brie and grilled crostini! I turned it over and over in my mouth. "I'm in church," I thought. "Lord, let me live through dessert." And, because I don't eat enough fish and they've reinstated it on the menu, (we love restaurant accountability) I had the salmon. Again, my palate was treated to a multi layered bath of flavors, after my gasp at presentation had passed. My dining partner's coffee encrusted filet mignon was similarly astonishing. Small wonder this restaurant has earned a Zagat rating. Mosaic. It's diviiiiiiiine!

NOTE!
The Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch Pocket Guide is a wonderful carry-with-you card.
"It's handy, it can be downloaded to an iPhone, it is absolutely free, and it makes anyone an instant expert on which seafood choices are sustainable and which are not. Never go into a grocery store or restaurant without one." -- Barry Estabrook in Summer 2009 Gourmet
MONTEREYBAYAQUARIUM.ORG

2 comments:

  1. How did you find this gem? Through Zagat or word of mouth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word of mouth through friends, then newspaper press, and then I received this dinner invitation. Am I glad I did!

    ReplyDelete