Pages

Welcome to Four Eyes Forum, a meeting place to exchange news and views on food, food photography, the word on food, food science, style and architecture. Join me, the blogger who wears glasses, in this world as I throw out engaging stuff that I think you'll find interesting, beautiful and delicious. As Charles Dudley Warner, American editor and writer, said,
"Lettuce, like conversation, requires a good deal
of oil, to avoid friction, and keep the company
smooth....You can put anything, and the more
things the better, into salad, as into a conver-
sation, but everything depends upon the skill of
mixing."


That's my job.
-Kristin
khalgedahl@gmail.com


(All photographs, unless otherwise cited, copyright
Kristin Halgedahl Photography 2016)



Sunday, February 22, 2015

And The Oscar Goes To...


Wolfgang Puck, of course! Like the Superbowl at halftime, he's choreographed his 300 chefs and 600 waiters (swear. I'm not kidding) so well that the show will unfold as if by magic, no doubt. Let's see, that works out to roughly one staff to two guests, if all 1,500 show up.  Make that, two lucky guests. Wikipedia says that Wolfgang Puck's favorite food is macarons, and, for some reason, this makes aesthetic sense to me. Macarons are fun, uplifting, luxurious, and he seems to have these qualities in spades. He's serving them tonight, actually, huckleberry macaroons! Be still my creative heart. 



Let's dispense with disclosure right now. I took none of these pictures; how could I? They're from the BBC News website yesterday, and have no photographer credited. He or she has a beautiful camera, however, and I think these images are stunning. I'm happy to share them with you. After all, the food at the party is 1/2 the story. God knows what projects may be brokered in about seven hours over huckleberry macarons and champagne and demitasse?







 So, come along with me. Here's a mini gallery of some of what's in store tonight.  I don't care who wins or loses statues, what anyone's wearing, or what they said. I'm just swept up in this culinary moment.


Mac and Cheese and ?  Then, breaded, fried chicken, served on ? with cabbage sprigs.

How cute are burger sliders? Real cute.



I adore food as modern art! Presentation, people!

Caviar looks right at home on a perfect pot pie.

Salmon Pizza, o.k.


                                             I know…get out with the huckleberry lollipops!



And here's a video from BBC News Entertainment.
It's a knockout. I'd eat something before watching it, though.


Next post, Restaurant Week. I promise.





1 comment: