Pages

Welcome to Four Eyes Forum, a meeting place to exchange news and views on food, food photography, the word on food, food science, style and architecture. Join me, the blogger who wears glasses, in this world as I throw out engaging stuff that I think you'll find interesting, beautiful and delicious. As Charles Dudley Warner, American editor and writer, said,
"Lettuce, like conversation, requires a good deal
of oil, to avoid friction, and keep the company
smooth....You can put anything, and the more
things the better, into salad, as into a conver-
sation, but everything depends upon the skill of
mixing."


That's my job.
-Kristin
khalgedahl@gmail.com


(All photographs, unless otherwise cited, copyright
Kristin Halgedahl Photography 2016)



Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Happy New Year, 2015

Where was I? Oh, yeah, back in July. And, before I knew it, the summer was gone 



 (I was shooting, not blogging) 


and then fall came and went
















with the last hurrahs of the outdoor farmer's market. The colors are so intense before the ground has to give it  up! (shooting, not blogging)









And then it does and there's nothing to do except BAKE and wait for the snow. (maybe do some blogging)























And then the snow came, and more baking, where I perfected Grammie's Apple Pie at last.

So I celebrated that, serving it on Audobon Bird Plates, Meakin China from England, and it was perfect.


So here we are, up to date, and it's still snowing, but now I'm blogging.  What to do now but participate in Restaurant Week in Traverse City. I will infiltrate the offerings and get back to you. Surely someone else will be baking.


No comments:

Post a Comment