Pages

Welcome to Four Eyes Forum, a meeting place to exchange news and views on food, food photography, the word on food, food science, style and architecture. Join me, the blogger who wears glasses, in this world as I throw out engaging stuff that I think you'll find interesting, beautiful and delicious. As Charles Dudley Warner, American editor and writer, said,
"Lettuce, like conversation, requires a good deal
of oil, to avoid friction, and keep the company
smooth....You can put anything, and the more
things the better, into salad, as into a conver-
sation, but everything depends upon the skill of
mixing."


That's my job.
-Kristin
khalgedahl@gmail.com


(All photographs, unless otherwise cited, copyright
Kristin Halgedahl Photography 2016)



Monday, August 30, 2010

FOUR EYES SCOOPS VOGUE! You Read It Here First


On August 5th, I read about Noma, the restaurant voted #1 in the world. I read this article, an interview with the chef Rene Redzepi, in the London Times. It was and is a big deal, as he has given the word 'locavore' new meaning, taking it to new heights. I posted all this on August 7th.
Two weeks ago I bought the September issue of Vogue (the big one, the most important issue of the year) and on p. 672 there is a feature article on Noma! I nearly fell over! I admit to being gleeful about printing the news first. Stay with me, dear Followers -- Four Eyes is always on the cutting edge. Another example -- see A razor A shiny knife on my blogroll, an interactive cooking theater based on molecular gastronomy. I'll give myself 5 'Os' on the newly created Four Eyes rating system -- Whoooooa!

No comments:

Post a Comment